Switch to an accessible version of this website which is easier to read. (requires cookies)

Help and Advice

There is a Parliamentary guide on how your MP can help you. As the MP's Code of Conduct says, MPs have "special duty to their constituents" and I take that seriously.

I will try to help any local resident, but if you do not live in Twickenham, or your enquiry does not relate to my work as a Government Minister, you should ask for assistance from your local MP.

You can contact me at any time and I run weekly surgeries on a Friday. The weekly advice surgery is by appointment only, please contact my Lion Road Office on 020 8892 0215 for an appointment.

As an MP, I'm most able to help you with issues that Parliament or government are responsible for, such as:

  • Tax
  • Hospitals and the National Health Service
  • Benefits, pensions, national insurance
  • Immigration
  • School closures and grants (not day-to-day school problems like governors or the local education authority)

I can't promise to help with issues with the local council, personal or business disputes: often, these areas are best dealt with by contacting the Council, or your local councillor directly, or the local Citizen's Advice Bureau.

You can find contact details for Richmond upon Thames Council, the Twickenham and Richmond Liberal Democrats and Lib Dem Councillors, and the Richmond and Twickenham Citizen's Advice Bureau on their website.